Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Religious Sacrifices

The Office for National Statistics Website is my new favourite site. It is full of what can only be described as useful and intriguing information. For example, did you know that in 2005, the number of divorces in the UK fell by 8%? Or that the suicide rate amongst men in the UK continues to fall (and that per 100 000, many less women than men commit suicide)?

Bit morbid that one, but work this one out – apparently, a higher percentage of men get divorced than women… eh – how does that work? Is there some poor woman somewhere who is a serial divorcee marrier? –

WLTM - tall, dark, handsome. Must like romantic nights in, country walks, travelling and cosy chats. Simply must have had several marriages ending in divorce. Call me.

A GSOH is not important to her – oh no, it’s all about the divorces. I would like to think that my theory is wrong, because I am feeling a bit sorry for this poor woman, but I just can’t think of any other alternatives – any ideas?

But anyway, the site also informs me that claiming to be a Jedi on my 2001 census form was all for nothing. Apparently it’s not true that enough people putting it on their form would result in it becoming an officially recognised religion. So despite my best efforts, I am still going to have to work for a living EVEN though it goes against all my Jedi beliefs.

No comments: