Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Pressing Issues

I think that I have developed a shoe fetish. I have seen three pairs in very quick succession and I want them. Now this is a strange occurence for a young lady like me, who is usually seen sloping about the place in a pair of trainers. Usually old (cheap) ones - Green Flash? Yes please. But oh no, not any more, not since the development of the shoe fetish...

Can I just describe them to you, please? (May I remind you that this shoe fetish is new - please bear with me on the description front - I am not yet sure what the accepted terms of description are)

Pair 1. These ones are black. They have maybe a two and a half inch heel. They are all pointy with a sort of criss cross pattern at the front - closed toe. (Ohhhh, closed toe, is it? Get me.) They are closed on one side, but open on the inside bit of your foot (see what I mean about the level of description). This pair is twenty five bargain pounds.

Pair 2. Again, these ones are black, but are made of satin-y material of some description. They are about the same height. They have a black bow on the front and are round toed. These are also twenty five bargain pounds.

Pair 3. These, on the other hand, are aubergine (now my descriptions are beginning to sound really good, eh? That'll be because the shop said they are aubergine - nowt to do with me). They are suede and are a vintage design. Which means they have a round toe with a bar across the top of your foot and a big flower thing. They have a two and a quarter inch heel. But these ones, are EIGHTY non-bargain pounds.

So what's a girl to do? Pair 3 are by far the most beautiful, but they are more than Pair 1 and Pair 2 put together. Is eighty pounds really an acceptable amount to spend on a pair of shoes? I don't think I have anything in my wardrobe that's that expensive. In fact, there's every possibility that if you added up the value of everything in my wardrobe it wouldn't be worth that much.

I mean - with all this war going on, famine, environmental melt down, ad infinitum, you can see how this really is a pressing dilema. Hmm... perhaps I should stop this shoe fetish before it runs away with me (that pun was for one of my friends who is rather charmingly amused by puns of any sort - if you're reading this, I think you'll know that I'm a-dress-ing you - gettit?).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pair 3! They will make you feel amazing, they don't sound work appropriate so they are fun, and they sound beautiful!

Thom Brooks said...

Does any woman not develop a shoe fetish one day...? I agree with kat: get pair 3.