Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Only Two Weeks Early

I’m not buying Christmas cards this year (not that I ever do really) and I meant to buy something from the the Giving Tree instead. But actually – what on earth do I know about what small children might want for Christmas.

So instead, as I am always talking about (and gorging myself on) food anyway, I figured I’d say Merry Christmas to you all through the medium of food. (Besides – Christmas cards are bad for the environment – they often have foil/glitter on so can’t be recycled – and then there’s the environmental impact of them being transported – oi – stop that – no switching off during the important bits).

So, my expression of seasonal feelings towards you all will take the form of Dinners. Nope – sorry – not dinners out for all my friends and family – dinners for a rather less pricey bunch than you lot.

I have bought Christmas Dinner for six from Crisis, school dinners for 100 from Oxfam Unwrapped and dinner for a child for a week from Save the Children.

Merry Crimble. (Sorry it’s so early – Friday’s my last day at work before I go away – so am just getting geared up in advance).

p.s. if you are ordering anything from Crisis – prepare yourself with some Kleenex. The letter saying thank you from them almost made me cry! - Now don’t go telling anyone that, or you’ll get it. And remember, I know where you live.

No comments: