Monday, July 16, 2007

New Shoes: Round 1

I am off to a wedding in Scarborough on Friday and need shoes. A better person may have planned for this earlier than four days before the wedding. However, it would appear I am not that better person and therefore I am shoeless. I foolishly never buy my dresses with my shoes in mind or my shoes with my dresses (or anything else other than their beauty for that matter) in mind. Not soooo foolish if you’ve got dainty feet which fit in to any old shoe you see on the shelf. However being a giant amongst women, clearly I have the accompanying giant feet amongst women.

An Aside
Please bear in mind my penchant for drama/exaggeration. I have made myself sound like the BFG – which is not an entirely accurate description. I am well above average height for a lassie which of course does mean that I am not tottering about the place with size 5 feet. However neither am I flapping about the place with feet like flippers. But I do have big feet by the standards of discriminatory large-footist shops that don’t go higher than a size seven. Miserable monkeys.

Anyway, counting myself lucky to be shoe shopping during the sales, I did, of course, manage to find myself a full price pair. The dress is green and white with little silver slithers running through it, so I have gone for green. It was surprisingly easy actually – go in shop 1 – all shoes in shop are a bit gross, leave shop. Go in shop 2 – no shoes in shop are bigger than a size 7, leave shop. Go in shop 3 – no green shoes, leave. Go in shop 4 – find green shoes, try on, buy. Not really sure they’re the right colour and they are particularly high – so walking troubles may ensue. Am going to take them home and try them with the dress, with the hope of New Shoes: Round Two being unnecessary.

Will report back.

No comments: