Sunday, December 09, 2007

Why You Should Never Daydream in the Bath

A horrible thing happened this morning. I don't usually have baths - showers use less water and you don't have to sit there staring at your body during a shower. But there's a jacuzzi bath in the new flat and everyone keeps on asking why on earth I have not yet used it. So I decided this morning to make the most of it.

I filled the bath enough so that it was covering the jacuzzi jets. (Was disappointed to find I had no bubble bath, but in the end, it was probably a good thing - as I suspect the jacuzzi in combination with bubble bath would have been bedlam). Turned jacuzzi jets on and clambered into the bath. Sat back and relaxed with the latest Sainsbury's magazine to decide on what kitchen godessing I shall be doing this month.

I find baths a little dull and after about 5 minutes had a bit of an itch, reached around to scratch it, only to find grainey deposits on my back. Realising, with horror, that this probably meant some sort of grainey deposits were coming through the jets, I make a quick getaway from both the bath and it's grain-ejecting jacuzzi jets.

Turning off the jets and pulling the plug out revealed the ultimate horror. Water, full of grainey things, covering the whole of the bottom of the bath.

Ugh. It was so gross that I left it in there and went out. Now I am going to have to face it when I get home this evening - and I have just eaten the world's largest Sunday roast. I have a feeling it may have been a mistake. Damn that jacuzzi bath. I resolve never to give into peer pressure and have a bath again.

p.s. Damn sky has still not fixed the broadband. I am once again borrowing off my sister. Hmph.

No comments: