Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Reasons Not To Exercise: No. 482

Running or cycling in the summer is inordinately dangerous if you do not enjoy the taste of bugs. I confirmed this on my morning cycle to work, where I managed to gobble up a not so tasty bug and my eyes swallowed up several other equally unpleasant bugs.

I have found the same when running - erm, or struggling to run that is, gasping to catch my breath, attempting to take in enough air to keep my body going. These big gulps of air are often shortly accompanied by big gobs of spit as I try to eject the bugs and various bits of summery-ness from the depths of my mouth and throat (you know what summery bits are - those hairy floating seeds that whisp about the place as if they own it, making your nose itch and run snottily and making you sneeze so much that you lose all control of your muscles and pee yourself).

Another good reason not to exercise in my books. (Yes, I will take what I can, thank you very much).

p.s. I haven't actually peed myself sneezing. Yet.

No comments: