Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Kitchen of Industry

Well, it was beginning to look like today was going to be an all out calorie fest and nothing else, however I have managed to salvage something from it - it was not only a calorie fest after all, but a day of industry in the kitchen.

Yes, when I turned the kitchen light out at 11.30pm ce soir, I had produced not only chocolate brownies with raspberries in them, (and a very large tuperware container of them at that), but I had also managed to produce a number of cup cakes (rock hard cup cakes as it happens - there was a minor incident involving the clock, my eyes and them being averted. Couldn't be helped. Nothing to do with trash on the TV). When I turned the light off, it felt like turning it was a significant moment - in a "my job here is done" kind of way.

Now I am sitting in bed contemplating the amount of brownie mixture it was imperative that I "tested", how much brownie had to be eaten once cooked as a test of cookedness and how much brownie had to be eaten as a special "treat" to myself. And the day was a calorie fest even before I started making brownies and cup cakes.

However, you know how I am an absolute fitness fanatic (hmmm - having just checked the mirror, I am beginning to worry about the rate at which my nose is growing...) so I have countered all those calories with the ball class. Which I am certain must burn at least once chunk's worth of the two or three chocolate bars I ate today. Not to mention the three bags of crisps. Seriously.

No comments: