Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Time for a Bank Loan

I am currently broke.

With the countdown for the cocktail party flying past, I have not been for a run in three weeks, have not double checked to see the dress actually fits and have not got suitable underwear or shoes to go with said dress. Now - don't go telling anyone this, but the dress is recycled - I've worn it before - several times - however not in front of anyone who is going to be at the cocktail party - phew!

I am solving the shoe issue by matching some shoes I have (which in honesty, don't overly go with the dress) with some earings that are the same colour - thus overcoming the not really going-ness of it all.

The underwear, however, remains a problem. I am not attempting to make my underwear match my dress colour-wise - even I'm not that bad. The dress is a halterneck. Therefore it requires a halterneck bra, which I do not have. What about a strapless bra, I hear you say... well, nope, I'm afraid that may not do. The dress of the back is pretty low - and although I have an old strapless bra, a relatively recent trip to Bravissimo is telling me that my old strapless number is not doing me any favours and it ain't going to keep me where I'm supposed to be.

And as those of you who have the misfortune of having to shop at Bravissimo will know, their underwear is NOT cheap. And you can't just buy a bra for £35, can you? No, you need the matching knickknacks too at £12. And not just one pair, but two. And before you know it, you've spent almost sixty quid and all you have to show for it is some floaty lacy material with a bit of elastic and a bit of metal to keep your lalas where they should be.

So in my broken state, I am currently in the process of applying for a bank loan to satiate my underwear requirements. I am trying to justify this future expenditure by reminding myself that pretty much all of my summer tops are halterneck and therefore I will be getting plenty of use out of it. However it remains to be seen weather or not summer will EVER arrive.

No comments: