Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Death by Pointy Shoes, Revival by Roundy Shoes

I have had two near-death experiences today, both as a result of my pointy red shoes. One where I nearly fell down the stairs, the other where I nearly fell up the stairs.

I believe the moral of this story to be that I should either give up wearing pointy shoes or face certain death.

Certain death it is then, I guess. Or is it...?

It could be that all is not lost, because I have lately discovered myself feasting my eyes on some fancy new round toed shoes. As a girl with big feet (ahem, excuse me - I'm tall thanks, before you go spouting your mouth about flipper feet) I made a shoe-related discovery several years back. And that shoe related discovery has kept me in pretty shoes for those several years - in particular the last couple of years/eighteen months - I have my suspicions that they have taken on new designers, because they have started producing a range of rather more stylish numbers.

In honesty, I'm loath to share by big-feet-shoe-find, because I don't want to find myself wandering the streets, looking down to admire my shoes only to find that the lady next to me in the street is also wearing my shoes. As is the lady going the other way and her mother too.

However... as we all know, shoe-descriptions are not my strong point. Therefore, I am going to have to give in, and share my shoe-related discovery with you other big footed lassies (yes, call me foot-sizist, but you small-footed girls can get shoes anywhere. It ain't so easy for us big foot/wide foot girls).

Not only that, but I am going to share with you the beautiful shoes that may just be saving my life. If pointy shoes = death - therefore surely these round-toes shoes I've found = life. Shoes are life. Now, drum roll, pur-lease... aaaaaannd... look at these beauties. Loverly, eh? Enough to turn me to round-toed shoes. Bit jealous now, aren't you, ole small feet? Well tough luck. They're for us big feet girls and that's that.

2 comments:

QUASAR9 said...

It's all about shoes

QUASAR9 said...

stiletto shoes, pointed shoes, flat shoes, rounded shoes

open lace sandals, ergodynamic pumps

they are all fine, they can all look great, but what I'm surprised is how little we care how we walk

No I don't mean the academy of funny walks, I mean the way we put pressure on the rest of pour limb depending on what shoe we wear.