Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Spider's Revenge...

I am sitting in my home office (this time cross-legged on the sofa rather than the floor - I've gone up in the world - but not far enough to not still be in my home office) and out of the corner of my eye I spot something moving on the floor. Something large. With eight legs. Now spiders are usually welcome in my house, however this one is very large and there's only so welcoming I can be. Rushing over to the cupboard, I find the largest glass I can to capture it in (I like to use glasses rather than mugs, due to my morbid desire to study the spider once it's captured).

Rushing back, I am glad to see that it is not on to me. It is still wandering about, happy as larry, and relatively slowly, so putting the glass over it is quite an easy feat. But as soon as I put the glass over it, it pounces at me, landing on the new glass wall - but it meant me bad things, I can tell you that. It is still sitting there where it landing following its pounce.

It's definitely contemplating how it's going to jump onto my arm when I take it out to set it free. When I remove the postcard floor from its new glasshouse, it is going to launch itself back at me and bite me really hard with all the poison it can muster, I just know it (I just know it's one of those ones that comes in with the bananas, one who's bite will immediately paralyse).

It's still watching. If you don't hear from me again, you'll know what happened.

No comments: