Monday, November 05, 2007

Work Makes You Fat. Fact.

Well, work makes me fat anyway. Fact.

When I was working from my "home office", I found myself in the strange and slightly unnatural position of not really being hungry. I could skip breakfast and not even notice until I realised it was two o'clock, I hadn't had lunch either and I hadn't even noticed that (so quickly used this as an excuse to scoff down pretty much everything in sight).

But now it is entirely different. Now that I am back in an office, I have noticed that I am ravenous at these times of the day:

07.45
09.15
10.30
11.15
12.11
15.00
16.00
17.55
19.00
21.00

And of course, never one to starve myself, I instead indulge my stomach rumblings, and scoff down pretty much everything in sight. At each of those times.

Thus having been at the office for two weeks and a day, I have noticed a slight (erm... read that as major) waistband issue.

My first day in the office, my trousers were feeling loose. Yep, that's right L O O S E. Today, in the exact same trousers, my body felt significantly squashed. The waistband was cutting into my flab, restricting my breating and I was out of breath climbing one flight of stairs.

But it's ok. I'm fixing it. I got off the tube a stop early on the way home, in order to walk for eight minutes instead of three. That should do the trick.

No comments: