Saturday, April 12, 2008

Marrying a Genius

Was talking to the old man the other day and he said he had been thinking about the wedding. Great, I think – good to share the planning. “I’ve been thinking about the wedding,” he says. “What have you been thinking about?” “well, I was thinking, neither of us wants to get married in a church, and you don’t want to get married in a registry office, so why don’t we get married somewhere else?” “Yes…? And…?” “Erm… that’s it.”

The boy’s a genius. But that's not as far as his thoughs had progressed. Ok, great, go on, tell me what else (chance to redeem himself). “Well, I’ve been thinking about the dress,” (bit peculiar, I think – surely that’s my job?), but I encourage him to go on. “Well, I was thinking you could wear a sort of white dress.”

As I tell you – genius. Who else would have come up with something so unusual as wearing a white dress at your own wedding? (Though to give him his due, he did say “champagne white” and “strapless”). My guess, however, is that his thoughts were rather more unsavoury than just thinking about me flouncing down the aisle in a strapless champagne meringue.

No comments: