Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Soup Sins

My love affair with the canteen soup is well and truly over. This week's soups are a filthy bunch and that's that.

Monday - carrot - which they tried to dress up as more intersting by saying "Carrot Soup with Herb Croutons". The herb croutons are delicioso, however they're there everyday. They weren't fooling anyone. Other than me. Having arrived at work with nowt for lunch in my bag I had little choice but to venture into the realms of canteen food. With a plethora of yuckiness on the menu, soup was my only refuge.

And what little reguge it offered. It consisted of mashed carrots with some vegetable stock mixed in for added wateriness. I did, of course, indulge in as many croutons as I could realistically get away with, without my soup and croutons becoming croutons and soup.

To add insult to injury (because obviously, my soup wasn't just unpleasant on the pallette, it was also physically damaging), today's soup was filthy celery and stilton, tomorrow's is filty leek and potato (which I had last week and which tasted like celery), then Thursday is tomato and basil - booo-ring. Ugh. Who knows what's on Friday - I didn't manage to get past seeing that there were going to be chips.

No comments: