Sunday, June 01, 2008

Anyone for Dinner?

I am looking for four strangers to have dinner with - any takers?

The reason I ask is because I have become addicted to Come Dine With Me and to figuring out what my three courses will be when I take part. So far, the only thing I have settled on is the dessert - which will be chocolate nut torte with red berry coulis. Sounds impressive eh? When you start to take it apart though, and I reveal that my red berry coulis is just a bag of sainsbury's frozen red berries shoved in the microwave and forced through a sieve it all becomes rather less impressive.

If I'm honest, I can cook, but the only thing that I am actually good at is desserts - which may have a thing or two to do with my sweet tooth. Need a cake? I'm your girl. Need a fancy starter? Erm...

Today on Come Dine With Me, I appear to be watching someone performing "magic" tricks. There's always one. Earlier in the week, someone dressed up as a rather fancy santa clause and started ringing a bell, shouting "O Yay, O Yay...". Oh god, now this lad has got his guitar out and is chopping open a tub of ice cream with a knife.

I think I might have to turn over - this is getting uncomfortable. Time for me to leave the telly to start planning my other two courses...

No comments: