Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dangerous Wind

A shocking thing happened yesterday. I went out to eat at Pizza Express (going out to eat in itself is slightly shocking - because of this wedding, wedding, wedding, I simply have no life or money any more, however that is no the shocking thing).

It was all very nice (mostly because I had a voucher that meant I got a starter, main and drink for a tenner, woo woo). I gorged myself on dough balls followed by four seasons pizza - but without the cheese - which morphed it into a three seasons pizza, but tasty nonetheless. I had just polished it all off and gone to the loo before etting ready to leave.

Just as I was about to leave the bathroom - had the door open, realised I had a little wind (sorry - TMF perhaps...), so went to close the door again, when suddenly a piercing alarm started ringing. Now, I am quite tired and expecting my lady's week next week, so am a little paranoid.

Being downstairs - and the only person down there - I got it into my head that somehow, by opening, then closing, then opening the door again I had set off some alarm. Horrified, I took some time to ponder in my head if I could bear to show my face in the restaurant. So, with some trepidation, I made my way up the steps, opened the door and peered around the room, fully expecting everyone to be looking back at me, horrified.

Instead, I was met by a rather suspiciously cheesy burnt smell. Phew. So it wasn't my fart that set off the alarmst (ok, so perhaps I am really paranoid...).

No comments: