Monday, August 31, 2009

My Best Friend's Husband Attacked Me With A Scalpel

God I love bank holidays. Isn't it depressing that they're all over for the year? But overall, it has been rather a smashing one. I went out dancing on Friday night at a club I used to go to all the time in my younger days. My my, how it's changed - it always was a bit of a wedding reception type affair in there.

It is now a really bad wedding reception. By the end of the night there were maybe only 20 people left in there. And the DJ was playing bad music, apparently oblivious to the empty dance floor.

Anyway, someone stepped on my toe with what I'm sure was a sharpened stiletto heel. She rather cleverly manged to step on the exact toe which remains brused and a little blackened from my hen do. I am now too scared to remove my poorly applied and chipping scarlet nail varnish from my toes to inspect the damage.

And talking of feet, that brings me to another of the weekend's eventful moments. I have had a corn on my toe for some time, which now and then is rather uncomfortable (sorry - I know it's gross to talk about feet). This is where the scalpel attack from my friend's husband comes in... He's a trained podiatrist, don't you know (oh come on. You know I'm a drama queen - you didn't really think I'd actually been attacked did you?!).

No comments: