Tuesday, September 08, 2009

A Body In The Shop

Bonjour. I am fresh from French class number two and am moments away from being fluent. Fluent to the level of a 1 year old - but that's still fluent.

My new found fluency came in very useful this weekend when I had to translate a postcard whilst up north for a wedding. And I'll tell you what, even if I do say so myself, I did a pretty average job.

First wedding we've been to since our own and frankly, it was weird. I'm not a massively sentimental lass, however I did find myself feeling a littly teary during the ceremony, despite it being a mere 15 minutes long. I think the imminence of my lady's week may have also had a little impact on my teariness, because I found myself teary at the speeches too. And when a nice song came on. And when I was just generally standing around waiting for the photos to finish (but similarly, that could have been the length of time it took for the photos before I could eat dinner that was effecting me).

The other thing that is bringing me to tears is the return of bodies. I was in New Look the other day and there was a body and leggings combo at the front of the store. Must we? Must we really? They weren't that great first time round - and I had one. (Back in those days I was thin and could carry it off). They're just not right. You can't go to the loo without fiddling about in your special area trying to undo snappers that don't want to be undone and then afterwards your fiddling about again, trying to do up snappers that don't want to be done up.

If you're like me, you leave it until the last minute before going to the loo - and then what? And not only that, but if you're a giant like me, they are never long enough and your either always trying to tug them back up over your nips or your trying to extract them from delicate undercarriage areas. Camel toes have never known it so good.

Please don't buy one. Please. Pleeeease - and you know I'm talking to you, my McFriend. DON'T DO IT! I might start a petition.

No comments: