Friday, September 11, 2009

National Cupcake Week

Next week is National Cupcake Week. Possibly my favourite week of the year. Eating cupcakes next week is not just about scoffing whatever you fancy, just because you fancy it. It's not about munching your way through bucket loads of cupcakes just because they look nice. It's not just about smelling the delicous aroma of cupcakey delight. It is about a national duty. It is your duty to spend this week gorging yourself on spongey delight.

I myself will be baking as many cupcakes as possible - which in reality may end up being none at all - due to an extraordinarily busy work week - where I shall be flighting off to Dublin for half the week. I may have to postpone my official celebration of National Cupcake Week until the week after, when I should have some evenings at home. But whatever happens, it must be celebrated.

Much like my birthday and Christmas this year. I have taken the controversial decision to postpone both this year. The first - my birthday, because once again I am going to be faced with a horrific week at work, so I have postponed it for five days, when work is not going to be much better, but at least I got the holiday booked before the work was booked.

As for Christmas, this year will be my first spent with The Old Man's side. My family do christmas in a very big, exciting way. The Old Man's family don't really do Christmas. So I am trying to persuade mine to postpone Christmas - just for a day... so far with no luck... but listen, let's focus. Cupcake Week.

What sort of cupcakes will you be baking? In honour of the majesty of cupcakes, I have focused my blog entirely on cupcakes for the week. (Which is not overly different than usual. I am aware that there is an over emphasis on cupcakes in the changing links).

No comments: