Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Motherhood Baton

Whilst munching on my scampi and lemon nik naks this morning (yes, I have become addicted to them, and yes, thankyou, they are a suitable breakfast feast) I had what can only be considered a brainwave.

Now, it's not that I'm just abandoning my tamagochi. Whatever you might think of me, I honestly am not that terrible... But, it was my McFriend who made me look after the thing in the first place, so, I am seeing McFriend for lunch on Thursday and think that it is only fair that after three and a half long weeks, I pass on the baton.

No, this has nothing to do with the fact that my tamagochi has become old and dried up and frankly missed the pimp boat. Honestly. But my colleagues are getting fed up with it beeping in the office every fifteen minutes, and of me "just popping out" for a minute to make the tamagochi go to work or do some exercise every so often. Frankly, they just don't understand. They clearly have no idea about tamagochi-motherhood and the dedication it requires.

So, the only logical following step is to pass on the motherhood-baton to McFriend - who already knows a thing or two about motherhood - having already got a child (a real one at that).

Genius eh? Erm - no comments about a tamagochi being for life not just for three weeks, or whatever, if you please.

No comments: