Friday, June 29, 2007

Cambridge Wants Me

Oh lord, just had a bit of a fright. I just heard a siren and had an awful thoght that perhaps someone had actually called me ambulance. I was just being melodramatic. I don't need an ambulance - I'm sorry - I should never have cried wolf. But there I was, listening to this siren, when all of a sudden, I realise it's not an ambulance, as I hear a loudspeaker announcing that I should come out with my hands up, it's the police and I'm surrounded.

I know that they take prank calls very seriously, but honestly, I didn't expect anyone to really call an ambulance. And what's worse, I'm sitting at the computer in only my running trousers and sports bra - I can't go out like that - althought I guess at least they're letting me put my hands up - which allows me to come out looking thinner than if they announced that I had to come out with my shoulders hunched and slumped over - which would have done nothing for my extra rolls.

So following some inspection into the source of the siren, peering out of all sorts of windows, I realise with a large sigh of relief, that the source of the siren is, in fact, the record that I am playing. It is a Motown number called "Indiana Wants Me" by Dean Taylor. It appears that he is the wanted man, and not me. Phew. Well that's a relief. All those horrible images of having to join a line up in only my sports bra and running trousers... ugh.

No comments: