Thursday, August 02, 2007

Anger Anageent

Firstly, I must apologise for the extreme delay in my reporting back on today's TV marathon. Secondly, I am going to have to apologise for the unscientific methods that have caused me to come to the unlikely conclusion about which TV chat show is the best, which is the Champion of Them All.

But let's do as Maria Von Trapp suggests and start at the very beginning - a very good place to start - let's address the issue of my extreme delay in post-survey evaluative reporting. The reason I have not done the above (too long to write out again) is that I broke the laptop. Yes, broke it - by sheer brute force.

It's a tetchy old thing - passed down (erm - up maybe in this case) to me by my little sister. Sometimes some of the letters won't work - the K, the M, the I, the comma. You have to give it a tap on the bottom (when I say "tap", really I mean a good whack - but I don't like to sound violent - particularly when telling you the next part of this story is going to make me sound like a completely deranged fruitloop with an anger management problem).

So today I was doing very important things on the laptop (and when I say very important - I actually even mean it - more important than my TV consumer survey marathon, more important than the fact that I've "forgotten" to bother to apply my all body anti-cellulite cream even - so very important) and the damn thing started playing up. It had already crashed several times, which was followed by a refusal to work on the part of the mouse pad. So, I hit it. Erm... quite hard.

Too hard as it turns out - because it didn't make the K, the M, the I, the comma, OR the mouse pad work. In fact, it made the WHOLE keyboard and mousepad not work, at all, ever again. Which I didn't find out until I switched it back on - because it had also irreprably crashed.

So I have broken the laptop and I am considering searching for anger management classes, if only the M worked and I could.

No comments: