Friday, October 05, 2012

Stripping... Again

I am not pretty sick of the smell of paint and varnish stripper.  Stipping seems to be a never ending job.  I have started now on the loo floor and skirting tiles.  Husband Features was in favour of stipping the crap off the loo floor (splashes of paint, carpet glue, general suspicious stuff), but not  in favour of stipping the skirting tiles - I think because they were such a big and time consuming effort in the kitchen.

I said I thought if we were going to do it, we should do it properly.  He says I'm on my own.  So I've got started with it - I pulled up the carpet and nastily stained underlay and have slapped the stripper on the back half of the (very small) room, and while the smell of the stripper is now like and old friend, it is also like an unwelcome old friend who has a bit of an odour problem and hangs around for too long being slightly ineffective.

I forgot to take a photo of the room before, but have managed to dig this out, which doesn't do justice to exactly how unpleasant the carpet is, as you can't see it that well, but as a before picture, it will have to do. 

The after pictures will follow - as the first layer of stripper is just about at the end of its half hour.



No comments: