Monday, October 27, 2008

Brrrrrrrr

Good gracious, well winter has definitely arrived, hasn't it. The clocks change and, like clockwork (sorry - I do know puns are never funny - but it was begging to be said), the weather turns arctic. The snot is freezing as it dribbles, icicle-like from my nose. Nice, eh?

Yesterday, I went on a shopping spree and applied wild abandon to my purchasing attitude. It all went well - in the very first shop I went into, I purchased two tops, just like that. However my plans to spend my months salary and sod the wedding pretty much ended there. I couldn't find a single thing in any of the other shops I went in.

Why is it, that when you have just been paid, the shops clear their shelves of things you want and just shove out the mustard-coloured vest tops and orange trousers? Ghastly.

Anyway, must go - have to go and check on the old man - he's making attempts at toad-in-the-hole - you see - I told you it was winter.

No comments: